About the Course
Level of the course : Bachelor in Education
Name of the course : B.Ed.
Intake : 04 units (200 seats)
Recognition Body : National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
Affiliating Body : Magadh University, Bodh-Gaya, Bihar
Shri Bhagwat Prasad Singh Memorial B.Ed College is a co - educational institution with recognition order under 7(11) of (NCTE) National Council for Teacher Education (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations for B.Ed Course from Academic Session 2008 -2009 with an annual intake of 100 seats (02 units) vide ERC Order No. ERC/7-88.6(1).18/2008/12809 dated 30.08.2008. It is affiliated to Magadh University, Bodh-Gaya, Bihar.
Under Section 15(3)(a) of the NCTE Act 1993, the ERC, NCTE granted recognition of an additional intake of 100 seats (02 units) thus making the total intake of 200 seats from the academic session 2016-17 under clause 7(16)of NCTE (Recognition Norms & Procedure) Regulations 2014.
B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is an undergraduate programme of two years duration. It is structured in a way that not only involves classroom teaching but also practical training and internships.
It is an undergraduate professional’s degree which prepares students to work as teachers in school.The course is considered to be one of the most promising professions in teaching in terms of salary and job security.
The course specifically caters to the students who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and related fields. It is a skill based training program which imparts knowledge to students regarding all aspects of classroom teaching. Any student, who wishes to make a career in the field of teaching, has to undergo the process of learning all the necessary aspects of education.
1. B.Ed improves your teaching skills and knowledge.
2. With B.Ed degree you can work in government and private schools.
3. After pursuing B.Ed you can work in schools. Education department, coaching centers, education consultancies, private tuition etc.
4. You can also work as academic counselors or academic content writers.
5. Higher education option after B.Ed course M.Ed / M.Phil.
6. Education, Philosophy, Psychology, human values, culture and guidance from a major part of the B.Ed syllabus, making is one of the most sought after courses from employment perspective. After successful completion of the course candidates can find lucrative job opportunities.